Spend some time in the kitchen with Glenn the Chef and learn how to make delicious shish kabobs. These kabobs are made with fresh ingredients and are a summer grilling staple everyone will love.
4 SERVINGS, 8 KABOBS prep time: 10 MINS cook time: 20 MINS total time: 1 HR
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken
- Pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Thyme- 2 tsp
- Oregano -1 Tbsp
- Salt -2 tsp
- Olive Oil -3 Tbsp
- Red Wine Vinegar -3 Tbsp
- 4 cloves garlic — minced
- Honey- 1 tsp
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Small Summer Squash
- 2 Small Summer Zucchini
- 1 Red Onion
Additional Supplies: Skewers, Gallon Freezer bag , Canola Oil (Grilling)
1 Start by cutting the boneless chicken into 1" cubes. To ensure the dish remains safe, be sure to prep your raw poultry on a separate cutting board.
2. Place the cut chicken in the freezer bag and begin making the marinate mix. For safety, place the bagged chicken into a refrigeration unit until the marinate is completed.
3. To make the marinate start by combining all the dry ingredients in a glass bowl and mix them until they are combined evenly . Once the dry ingredients are mixed, add the wet ingredients, in this case , honey and mix until all the elements are incorporated.
4. Next, retrieve the chicken and pour the marinade into the freezer bag. Massage the bag until all the chicken is covered and place it back into the refrigerator.
5. Cut the vegetables into easy to skewer pieces. For the red pepper and onion, it is best to keep it's size approximately 1" X 1" and try to keep the shape square. The squash and zucchini can be sliced vertically as you would slice a cucumber.
6. Now retrieve the chicken from the refrigerator and begin skewering. The amount and size of the skewer will be different based on personal preference. With our skewers we ere able to create about 8 shish kabobs.
7. Grill the kabobs until the chicken is cooked thoroughly approximately 10 -15 min being turned regularly . For safety use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 °f.