We’re committed to preserving our planet for generations to come.
Since 1929, Metro has been committed to providing our customers quality products and services that demonstrate the highest level of value. That tradition is still very much a part of our culture today as we continue to expand our product offerings and strive to improve our service levels to even higher standards of excellence.
Along with a commitment to products and services, Metro is deeply devoted to pursuing environmental friendly products and processes in order to contribute to preserving the world we live in.
Our devotion extends through all areas of our business from raw material procurement through finished product delivery to our customers, from manufacturing processes in the plant to administrative functions in the office as well as in the field and from product design in specifying recycled/recyclable materials through product manufacturing in running high yield rates and recycling excess/scrap materials.
At Metro, we are actively pursuing improvements within our organization to do our part in preserving our planet for generations to come.
John G. Nackley
President & CEO
of InterMetro’s North American manufacturing processes using stainless steel wire, tubing, and sheet metal are from recycled stainless steel metal.
of InterMetro’s North American manufacturing processes using cold-rolled steel wire and sheet metal are from recycled materials.
of InterMetro’s North American manufacturing processes using cold-rolled steel tubing are from recycled materials.
of waste materials, including used oil, scrap metals, corrugated cardboard, office paper, fluorescent light bulbs, used batteries, oily absorbent pads, and wooden pallets are recycled.
One of the first companies...
- InterMetro was one of the first companies to use powder coatings, which have no air emissions as opposed to wet coating systems which can have hazardous air emissions in the form of Volatile Organic Compounds./li>
- InterMetro uses no chlorinated solvents in its processes. Conservation is practiced in the areas of water usage and natural gas. All boilers are fired with natural gas and are equipped with low NOx burners to minimize air emissions of photo-chemical reactive gases.
- InterMetro does not use mercury in any of its products, processes or packaging.
- The High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) that is used in InterMetro’s polymer manufacturing has a service life of 100 years and can be completely recycled. HDPE releases no toxic gases or dioxins that are contained in many traditional building materials. HDPE panels help eliminate the use of scarce wood resources. HDPE panels have molded-in color, avoiding secondary finishing processes that often release VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- Aluminum proves to be a "green" building material because 45% to 50% can be recycled into other usable products. The aluminum used in many of InterMetro's products can be 100% recycled into other products without losing any of its structural properties.
Our people have an impact
- All InterMetro administrative employees are equipped with state-of-the-art computers which minimizes the need for paperwork to be generated both internally and externally.
- All InterMetro packaging materials including corrugated cardboard are recyclable.
- InterMetro utilizes a state of the art box making machine that minimizes the amount of scrap corrugated materials.
- Environmental Training is attended on a yearly basis by InterMetro representatives. The training focuses on understanding requirements of environmental laws and regulations and sharing ideas on how to reduce waste and improve the environment. InterMetro manufacturing facilities are routinely audited by 3rd party environmental audit firms to assess compliance with federal and state environmental regulations.